Annapurna Community Lodge Trekking
Annapurna Community Lodge Trekking is a new concept in tourism introduced in the Annapurna Region. It is a model of a public-private partnership for the sustainable development of the village communities. The main objective of this community based trekking is to benefit the local community through the earnings made out of trekking and homestay. This new trail is developed and promoted in Annapurna Magar Hill, Nagi and Narchyang villages which offer something new to trekkers to experience local culture, ethnic food, tradition and hospitability of the target community. With the support of UNDP, NTB and TAAN community lodges have been built in these villages along the trails and local villagers offer accommodation, food and cultural program charging the most affordable cost to the trekkers. The lodges are clean and built to blend with rural character. Some of the villages in Annapurna region offer community lodges as an alternative to teahouses, visitors may be put up by a family in their home. This is a great way to get a close insight into how the local people live, and experience the local culture and lifestyle of the community. The earnings made out of services provided by villagers are invested for community welfare fund especially in the education and health sector. Visiting to these villages benefit the whole community and change lifestyle of the villagers while preserving the rich culture and tradition. Instead of meeting other fellow trekkers along the trails, you will meet the local farmers, cattle herders and villagers all belonging to a particular community you encounter on each village during the trekking. Wherever you visit in the village you are treated more as a guest rather than a tourist.
While trekking through Annapurna Hill you will get an opportunity of observing stunning mountain views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna along with beautiful Sunrise and Sunset over the Himalayan range.
> A unique and close-up insight into village life
> Spectacular panoramic views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Machhpuchhre
> Meet the local villagers, farmers and yak herders
> Accommodation in community lodges
> Experience local culture and traditional lifestyle of the community
TRIP DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 1 - Arrival and transfer to the hotel and trekking brieffing in the evening with welcome dinner.
Day 2 - Guided sight-seeing tour in World heritage site and permit preparation day.
Day 3 - Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (6 hours) 200 km.
Day 4 - After Breakfast - Drive from Pokhara to Beni Galeshwar (5 hours) 80 km.Over night stay at hotel.
Day 5 - Trek Galeshwar to Banskharka village (1526 m) 4 hours walk and overnight community home stay lodge.
Day 6 - Trek Banskharka to Nagi Danda to Nagi Village (2300m) 6 hours walk and overnight stay at community lodge.
Day 7 - Trek Nagi village to Mohara Hill (danda) 3300m, 5/6 hours walk and overnight stay at community lodge.
Day 8 - Trek Mahara Hill to Tikot (2260m) 5/6 hours walk and overnight stay at community lodge.
Day 9 - Trek Tikot village to Khopara Hill (danda) 3660m, 5/6 hours walk and stay overnight at community lodge.
Day 11 - Trek Narchyang to Tatopani Beni (8 hours) walk or two hours drive from Tatopani to Bini.
Day 12 - Drive Beni to Pokhara to Kathmandu (Trip End).
Day 13 - Final Departure to homeland.
- Arrival/departure transfers
- Welcome drinks and trekking orientation
- 3 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Drive to Pokhara – Kathmandu
- TIMS card
- Annapurna Conservation permit fee
- Accommodation in teahouse (lodge) on twin sharing basis on trekking
- Breakfast on the trek
- A Professional English speaking trekking guide
- 1 porter for 2 people (each porter can carry only 18 kg luggage)
- Trekking staff wages, insurance, meals, transportations and allowances
- Group medical supplies (First Aid kit)
- Government and local taxes
- International airfare
- Nepal Entry Visa and Visa extension fee
- Monuments entry fee in Kathmandu
- Single supplement in Kathmandu
- Lunch / dinner in Kathmandu and on trek
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation costs
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water/boiled water), laundry
- Camera/cell phone battery charge while on trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Donation & tips etc
- Any other services not specified in the ‘Cost includes’
- Duration13 Days
- Altitude3660 M