Pisang Peak Climbing
Pisang Peak is considered one of the exhilarating and challenging climbing peaks among the trekking Peaks in Nepal. Pisang peak lies in the Annapurna sanctuary region of North-Central Nepal and offers a good scope for exploration. The western flank of the mountain is guarded by a hanging glacier and offers a considerable challenge. The western end of the ridge is guarded by huge rock slabs which make it difficult to climb. To reach the base camp (4200 m) from Pisang village, the path ascends through sparse woods and pasture to a kharka which is considered the best place to pitch the camp on the piles of rocks. High camp is set up at 5,400 m climbing to a shoulder on the south-west Ridge. The high camp remains snow bound from the end of November to the end of March.
While trekking from Synge/Jagat you will enjoy stunning high mountain views, charming lowland farms, villages, varied ethnic cultures and traditions steeped in ancient time. After the summit you will descend to Manang and continue trek to Ledar and cross Thorung La (5416 m).
Varied ecosystems, diverse cultures and an ever-changing landscape low to high altitude - lush, green paddy fields and oak forests, arid deserts and the deepest gorge in the world make Pisang peak climbing and trekking one of the most popular trips in the world.
TRIP DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Preparation day for permits and Kathmandu sightseeing
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Synge/ Jagat (1100 m) 8 hrs
Day 04: Trek to Dharapani (1960 m) 6 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Chame (2630 m.) 5 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Upper Pisang (3,700m) 8 hrs
Day 07: Day for relax and acclimatize
Day 08: Trek to Pisang Peak Base Camp (4,380m) 4 hrs
Day 09: Trek to Pisang Peak High Camp 5,400m 4 hrs
Day 10: Summit to the Peak 61091 m and back to Base Camp, 9 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Manang (3,450m) 6 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Ledar (4250m) 5 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Phedi (4420m) 4 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Muktinath (3800m) crossing over Thorong La Pass (5416m) 7/8 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Jomsom (2600m) 5 hrs
Day 16: Fly to Pokhara
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 18: Departure transfer to airport
- Guide and porter
- 3 times meal: lunch, breakfast, dinner,
- Tea or coffee 3 times a day.
- All surface transportation, airport tax.
- Accommodation during the trek.
- TIMS permit, Trekking permit
- Food/accommodation of guide & porter.
- Insurance and trekking gear for guide and porter.
- International Airfare
- Nepal entry multiple visa
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Emergency rescue by helicopter
- Garbage deposit fee US$ 250.00 (Refundable)
- Personal expenses for alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry etc
- Personal trekking and climbing equipment.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on price includes section
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Duration18 Days