Ramdung Peak Climbing
Ramdung Peak (5930m) is situated south of the Tesilabtsa pass, which borders Khumbu and the immense Rolwaling valley. Crossing the pass into the remote valley of Rolwaling takes you to the rarely climbed peak of Ramdung. Your climb to this ‘hidden peak’ of the Himalayan wilderness begins with a trek into the Rolwaling valley, just recently opened to trekkers. You first make an ascent up lower Ramdung, which, despite its lack of height compared to Parchamo, offers a challenging climb, requiring two high camps on the northeast face route.
This trek is strenuous; therefore a high level of physical fitness is essential. A strong sense of adventure, and the willingness to walk 8 to 9 hours a day, often at high altitudes adds to the excitement. A basic knowledge of mountain climbing is an advantage, although our experienced Sherpa guides will guide and accompany you to the top.
Following the trekking glacier, you arrive near the Tesilabtsa pass and prepare for the climb to Parchamo and establishing a high camp. Climbing Parchamo, following its northwest ridge leads on to Ramdung summit. After the summit, you trek through the famous Sherpa country of Khumbu, ending your trip in Lukla, from where you will board a plane to come back to Kathmandu.
TRIP DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel/ Join us for the welcome dinner at evening.
Day 02:Full day guided sightseeing around of the Kathmandu valley.
Day 03:Drive to Dolakha (5 hrs). Camp.
Day 04:Trek Dolakha to Piguti (920m). (4 hrs). Camp.
Day 05:Trek Piguti to Suri Dobhan (1,030m) (5 hrs). Camp.
Day 06:Trek Suri Dobhan to Jagat (1,150m) (5-6 hrs). Camp.
Day 07:Trek Jagat to Simagaun (1,990m) (5 hrs). Camp.
Day 08:Trek Simagaun to Kharka (2,900m) (6 hrs). Camp.
Day 09:Trek Kharka to Beding (3,690m) (4 hrs). Camp.
Day 10:Rest day at Beding for better acclimatization. Camp.
Day 11:Trek Beding to Na (4,180m) (5 hrs). Camp.
Day 12:Rest day at Na to explore the surrounding. Camp.
Day 13:Trek Na to Ramdung Base Camp (5,550m) (7 hrs). Camp.
Day 14:Rest / Exploration Day. Camp.
Day 15:Trek to Ramdung High Camp.
Day 16:Climb Ramdung (5,925m / 19,437 ft). Return to the Base Camp.
Day 17:Trek to Yalung La. Camp.
Day 18:Trek to Chho Rolpa Lake. Camp
Day 19:Cross Tashi Lapcha Pass (5,755m) (5 hrs). Camp
Day 20:Continue over to finish the crossing of pass. Camp
Day 21:Trek to Ngole (5,110m) (5 hrs). Camp.
Day 22:Trek to Thame (3,820m) (5 hrs). Camp.
Day 23:Trek to Namche Bazar (3,440m) (5 hrs). Camp.
Day 24:Rest / Spare day at Namche. Camp.
Day 25:Trek Namche to Lukla (2,840m). Camp.
Day 26:Flight: Lukla - Kathmandu. Hotel Overnight.
Day 27:Free day to explore, and enjoy Kathmandu. Hotel Overnight.
Day 28:Final Departure.
- Airport pick up and transfer by car, van or bus as per group size
- 4 nights' hotel accommodation with breakfast in Kathmandu
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb with tea or coffee
- Ramdung peak climbing permit fee
- Tea house accommodation during the trek and tented camp during climb
- Government licensed holder English speaking guide during the trek and climb, require porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, transportation, accommodation, salary, equipment & insurance
- General climbing equipment such as rope, ice screw, snow bar
- Airfare Lukla-Kathmandu including departure tax
- All surface transfer to/from Kathmandu
- Duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trip
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permit
- TIMS fee
- Government taxes & office service charge
- International Airfare
- Nepal entry multiple visa
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Emergency rescue by helicopter
- Garbage deposit fee US$ 250.00 (Refundable)
- Personal expenses for alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry etc
- Personal trekking and climbing equipment.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on price includes section
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected)