One of the most popular tours to Tibet! You will drive overland to Lhasa one way passing through old Tibetan townships, breathtaking views of the Himalayan ranges including Mt. Everest (8,848m) high passes and a beautiful monastery such as the 15th century old Ganden monastery and the Milarepa’s Cave in Nyalam along the Friendship highway.
Upon arrival in Lhasa you will begin first day exciting sightseeing tour of the Dalai Lama’s Potala and Norbulingka Palace (the Summer Palace of Dalai Lama), the Tibet Museum and Barkhor Bazaar. On the second day you will visit Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, both are amazing monasteries with history and religious significance of their own.
After two days sightseeing tour of Lhasa, you will fly back to Kathmandu. This is a spectacular an hour long Trans-Himalayan flight from Lhasa. This flight offers you a fantastic aerial view of some of the highest mountains on earth including Mt.Everest.
- All necessary Tibet travel permits
- Pick up and drop from airport and hotel
- Ground transportation by Japanese Land cruiser (one way)
- Private transportation while sightseeing in Lhasa
- Accommodation in Lhasa on twin- sharing basis with breakfast
- English- speaking, trained and experienced Tibetan guide
- All fees for sightseeing and visits to monasteries as outlined in the itinerary
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Accommodation in Nepal or mainland China
- Chinese visa fee
- International flight(s)
- Travel insurance
- Meals other than breakfast in Tibet
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry etc.
- Tips for guides and driver
- Nepal visa