Everest Short Classic Trekking is a special trekking package offers views of Mount Everest and other Himalayan peaks and short introduction to Sherpa culture. It is designed for those who wish to experience this region without ascending to high altitude. Entry to the Khumbu is by air into the airstrip at Lukla, and from here we follow the route of the Base Camp trek to the gate of Everest, Namche Bazaar. Panoramic Everest view from the world’s highest place five star hotel, Everest view hotel is the major attraction of this trip. From here we obtain breathtaking views of Everest as it rises above the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge, as well as a superb view of one of Nepal’s most beautiful mountains, Ama Dablam – the ‘Matterhorn of the Khumbu. From here we return to Lukla by a slightly different route via Khumjung.This is a short but classic trek which allows access to the most spectacular mountain views in the world, in a shorter time frame. Accommodation and food is provided in the local lodges.
Arrive at the Tribhuwan international airport where you will be welcomed by our representative and transferred to your hotel. This day is simply an arrival day and there will be no any organized activities. So, you will have some free time to relax or walk around for local sights. A pre-departure meeting will be held early evening and you will be introduced with your trekking guide. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
An early morning wake up and transfer to the domestic airport to board the flight to Lukla. We take off to our destination on a 35 min scenic mountain flight. After a cup of tea at local Lodge in Lukla we are treading on the legendary “Everest Highway” which heads downwards through the alpine valley following the “Dudh Kosi” or milk river (named after its milky colour from glacial silt). We reach Phakding after 3hrs walk and end our first day here. Overnight at lodge.
Today we walk mostly uphill through the alpine valleys. We cross Dudh Kosi River a few times before we reach Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa capital of the Khumbu region. On a clear day you get panaromic views of Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Kusum Kangru, Kwangde and Taweche on the way to Namche Bazaar. Overnight at lodge.
Walk through the Everest view hotel to Khumjung village for day excursion & visit the monastery which is still preserving a yeti’s head. In the late afternoon get back down to Namche Bazaar by the side or Khumjung school or if you have time you may also visit Khunde village and then walk down to Namche bazaar from Khunde. Overnight at lodge.
You can walk at your own leisurely pace enjoying the lush green scenery and the amazing view of the surrounding mountains .Apart from a few short uphill stretches the only long climb will be from a place called Choplung just before reaching Lukla (40 minutes). At Lukla, we’ll have a merry dinner party at night with the whole Sherpa crew and porters.
This morning you will transfer to Lukla airstrip for your flight back to Kathmandu. The 40 minute flight to Kathmandu usually leaves early from Lukla but this depends on the weather.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- Domestic flight Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu including airport tax
- Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park permit
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System
- An experienced and first aid trained license holder accompanying trekking guide
- Equipped & insured trekking porter (each porter for 2 persons, one porter carries 25 KG.)
- Meals, insurance, salary, equipment, accommodation, transportation of our trekking crew
- Tea House accommodation on twin or multi sharing basis during the trek
- Applicable government taxes (13% VAT and 10% tourism service charges)
- Everest Region Trekking Map
- Nepal entry visa
- Your Travel/Medical insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Hot shower while on trek (extra cost)
- Single supplement in hotel
- Bar bills and laundry
- Battery Charges( Available during trek with Extra cost)
- Optional trips not specified in the itinerary
- Tipping to guide and porter
- Personal trekking equipment
- Emergency rescue by helicopter
- Drinks (including tea) and Bar Bill (beverage)